What you’ll learn
- Build a RESTful WCF Service from the ground up
- Set up the Web.config and all necessary attributes and references
- Make GET & POST HTTP Requests with JQuery & AJAX
- Use and serialize custom classes with the WCF Service
- Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition (free!)
- Other versions of Visual Studio also work, but might be slightly different
- You should have a little experience in building web applications in ASP.NET
- You should have a little experience in C#
In this course you will learn how to build a RESTful WCF Service in an ASP.NET web application. You will use Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition, which is completely free. Whether you are new to WCF services or already have built a SOAP service and need to convert it to a REST service doesn’t matter, you will build your new service from the ground up. What you already should have is a little experience in C#. Having some knowledge in JQuery and building web applications in general might help, but is not a must.
By the end of this course, you will be able to build the REST WCF Service by yourself, make GET & POST HTTP Requests with JQuery & AJAX and use your own custom classes with your new web service.
All source codes are available for download, of course.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for students who have no experience in building a REST WCF Service or already have built a SOAP WCF Service and need to convert it