[Udemy] Up And Running: Creating API with Asp .Net Core
What you’ll learn
- How to build API from start to finish
- Explore ASP .Net Core MVC
- Apply REST to .Net Core API
- Implement Data Transfer Objects
- Configure .Net Core Services
- Map Entitities with AutoMapper
- Implement Relationships between classes
- Work with Keys and Foreign Keys
- 3-6 months of C# programming
- Visual Studio 2017
- Course uses .Net Core 2.2
Welcome to Crash Course on Creating API with ASP .Net Core
This course is all about creating a functional API using .Net Core and Entity Framework. Step by step, we will set up a complete API to handle each of the operations in a multi-table database. We’ll develop all necessary entities, Data Transfer Objects, Interfaces, use dependency injection to inject services for our app, design fully MVC structure, map entities to DTO object with automapper, turn our Controllers into fully functional API controllers, handle relationships, keys and foreign keys in our database tables and Models, use Entity Framework as a back end utilizing Code-First integration, seed the database with dummy data… you get the picture!
So in the next several hours, you will go from an API novice to a developer capable of developing – and understanding – basic API structure,
Get excited to learn a ton of new material and dive into the new world of .net core. This is a relatively fast-pacing course, designed with a busy self-learner in mind. If you like to be shown a concept and then move on to another concept to learn more, then this course is for you. No time is wasted.
Everything is coded on camera, including some mistakes, both intentional and unintentional. This allows us to go over some concepts that would be hard to explain and understand, such as Reference Loop Handling, AutoMapping set up, possible problems with DTO objects and others.
So buckle up, get a big cup of coffee, and get ready to finally understand what all this fuss about API’s and REST is about.
Who this course is for:
- Self learner who prefers faster paced course
- C# programmer who wants to dive into creating API’s
- ASP .Net developer who wants to build web-facing API