What you’ll learn
- How to work with Confluence
- Master all the features of Confluence
- Get Familiar with the Confluence User Interface
- How to create and work with spaces
- Use Shortcuts to get your work done in seconds!
- Delete spaces once you no longer need them
- Create and publish pages
- Edit pages and learn how to work with Tables like a Pro!
- Manage page and space permissions
- Export and Import pages
- Link Pages to each other
- Customize, create and use your own templates
- How to work with version control in Confluece
- Copy and move pages around
- Upload and publish files
- Comment, Share, Configure, Edit and Delete files
- Edit your personal profile
- Set and Edit Watchers on Pages and Spaces
- An Internet connection
- A desire to learn!
Weather you are a college student looking for a way to manage your assignments(for free) or an industry professional looking for a one stop shop to create, organize, and discuss work. Confluence can handle everything from document versioning to custom templates to CQL!(Confluence Query Language)
You will get a quick grasp on Confluence. It is one of the best wiki platforms out there, with the ability to set up your own private pages for free.
The course is divided into sections, each independently forms a module and a course in itself. Whether you are a college student looking to get some experience with Confluence or a professional looking for a tool to deploy and manage files you will find what you need here. Everything is well documented and separated, so you can find what you need.
We will show you why Confluence is the ideal solution to take the place of your teams wiki.Then we will learn how to navigate our way around the Confluence Interface. We will go over some key features. After which, we will creating and working with Spaces. This will allow us to host material on Confluence . For all you Jedi out there we will cover KeyBoard shortcuts. We will then see how we can create different types of spaces and archive and delete them when required.
Working with Pages
Learn how to create and publish a page. Understand what it means to publish a page. Edit a page and learn in depth on how to manipulate Confluence features. We will take the example of tables and manipulate them using Confluence’s advanced abilities. In a documentation platform like Confluence, permissions are the key. Not only will we cover permission setting, but also how to export and import from word documents and PDF files. Want to personalize or standardize your documents? Confluence has standard and customized templates and we will cover both. Confluence gives you a wide variety of options to execute any action, we will show you the best, whether it’s linking pages to each other or copying and moving pages around. At this point we jump into document versioning, learn how to revert back to an older version, or find out who committed what part of which document. Never lose any changes!!
Working with Files and Attachments
In this section we get into how to use Confluence hand in glove with your attachments, images and videos. Learn how to upload files, pull them from the web, and move them around in Confluence. Comment and Share like a social media expert and lastly we check out some unique features to edit images and attachments.
Learn how to edit your personal profile, to put your best foot forward. You will see what it means to be a watcher and how to manage other watchers.
Who this course is for:
- Students trying to get a quick grasp of Confluence
- Professionals looking to use Confluence for their Documentation
- Professionals who have used another tool to work on their documents and are now looking to move over to Confluence
- Those using Jira for Issue Tracking and are now looking to Integrate and work with Confluence