[Udemy] Setup Big Data Development EnvironmentEnglish
What you’ll learn
- Understand how to setup development environment to learn big data technologies.
- Students need to have modern laptop with 64 bit OS and at least 16 GB RAM
Big Data is open source and there are many technologies one need to learn to be proficient in Big Data eco system tools such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Pig, Sqoop etc. This course will cover how to set up development environment on personal computer or laptop using distributions such as Cloudera or Hortonworks. Both Cloudera and Hortonworks provide virtual machine image which contain all Big Data eco system tools packaged. This free course will provide
- Comparison of Virtualization software such as Virtualbox and VMWare
- Step by step instructions to set up virtualization software such as virtualbox or VMWare
- Choosing Cloudera or Hortonworks image
- Step by step instructions to set up VM using chosen image
- Setup necessary additional components such as MySQL database and log generation tool
- Review HDFS, Map Reduce, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, Spark etc
Who this course is for:
- Any one who want to learn multiple technologies in Big Data eco system. They need to have basic programming skills.