[Udemy] Richard Stbbard’s “Ultimate Web Development Course”
What you’ll learn
- Flexible course design allows for complete beginners or more advanced learners
- Learn HTML5, CSS, MySQL, PHP, jQuery and AJAX in one working project
- Up-to-date coding standards using mysqli and prepared statements to ensure database security
- Instant update website – the most modern web interface
- Detailed coverage of programming logic and dynamic website coding processes
- Accompanying FREE PDF or Kindle book allows full-text search of the course
- A computer connected to the internet
- The ability/permission to download software
- A text editor (I recommend Komodo Edit, which is free)
“This has been one of the best web courses ever. It should be used as a model by almost anyone thinking of teaching on the web. It has cleared out nearly a decade of web programming cobwebs. The fact you have made a course which is complete end-to-end is impressive. The fact that code examples all work puts nearly every programming book and most web courses to shame.”
Paul Wolfson, Principal Investigator, Dallas Legal Technology
“The Ultimate Web Development course is the most user friendly course I have encountered to date. Additionally, the lecturer, Dr. Richard Stibbard is extremely committed and accessible. Oh! If only all the on-line lecturers could take a page from his book.”
“Solid Full Stack Development course – I have been through numerous other books and courses trying to get up to speed on CSS, JQuery, Ajax, and PHP, and so far this is the most effective. I think there are two keys to it’s success. First, the app developed throughout the course is reasonably complex and whether its a particular look in CSS or behaviour in jQuery, it accurately reflects what modern apps really look like. Next, there is enough hands on coding in all the tools that it really begins to stick. HIghly recommended for anyone wanting broad introduction to modern web development that really touches almost all the bases.”
Taught by freelance developer and experienced online educator Dr. Richard Stibbard, this course takes you in easy steps through the entire process of building an up-to-date web interface which updates its database and HTML on the fly without the need for page refreshes, rather like the ‘Add to Favourites’ function on Youtube or Trivago’s hotel search.
You will learn how to:
- structure a website using HTML5
- apply styling with cascading stylesheets (CSS)
- convert a static site to a dynamic one using PHP
- remove inefficient duplicate code
- use PHP functions to isolate variables
- use MySQLi and prepared statements for secure database queries
- manipulate page content immediately with jQuery
- update the database silently with AJAX
- upload the project to a web host and deal with important security considerations.
- PDF version of the course allows full-text search
The course is equally suitable for beginners or more advanced students. For beginners there are step-by-step instructions which take you through every step of the project until all the principles have been covered, and then hand over to assignments which allow you to put into practice what you have learned before you see the solutions.
For learners already familiar with some aspects of web design and development who want to move onto specific points more quickly, incremental working files and clear guidance are provided at every stage, allowing you to skip lessons you do not need and rejoin the course at any point without losing track of the necessary code.
With studio quality audio, widescreen HD video, and incremental versions of the source code, this efficiently organized course teaches up-to-date coding techniques and gives comprehensive coverage of an important aspect of modern web development.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in web design and development
- No prior knowledge needed