[Udemy] Quick Guide On Installing Linux Mint – beginner to advanced
What you’ll learn
- Installing Linux Mint
- Installing Linux Mint on Oracle VirtualBox as a Virtual Machine
- Learn how to install Linux. In this specific course, I will cover Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon 64bit.
- Learn how to partition a Linux installation properly and find out what Linux partitions are compulsory.
- Even someone with zero knowledge about IT or Windows or Linux can follow this course and install their own Linux Mint.
- You will need access to your own pc/laptop/computer. Or someone else’s pc but you must be able to install software on there without restrictions.
- Software you need: Oracle VirtualBox, which you can download for free. And Linux Mint .iso image, which you can also download for free from the Linux Mint website.
- This course is not meant for linux experts and not meant for people who know how to install linux.
- You should preferably already have some understanding of what disk partitions are used for.
- If you want to install Linux on your physical harddrive/disk, then please be aware of the risks of deleting your data on your disks if you are not careful. ALWAYS double check, and never install Linux on the same partition as your main windows/mac installation, and also never on any disks/partitions that contain your personal data and other vaulable files.
Learn how to quickly and easily install Linux Mint OS on a virtual machine for your learning/testing purposes.
This course is for anyone interested in Linux OS but not sure how to install it. I guide you through the process of installing Linux Mint on a virtual machine using Oracle VirtualBox. That way you don’t have to worry about affecting any of your personal data or breaking your Windows/Mac OS. You can safely learn Linux by practicing on a Linux virtual machine.
This course can also be used to install Linux on your physical machine/pc, if you wanted to.
You will also learn about the correct partitioning of a Linux installation.
Bonus near the end of the course(after installation): you will learn a couple of things about the Linux Mint desktop and setup.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in Linux, but beginner to intermediate level only
- Any students of Linux, or any systems administrator students
- Anyone who’s thinking of switching from windows or mac to Linux
- AWS / Cloud administrator students, or learners.
- junior/beginner devops or students of devops
- anyone who wants to dual boot windows and linux
- anyone who wants to install and test linux on a virtual machine safely without any risks to their main operating system and personal files
- IT / Information Technology students
- Computer Science students
- Anyone interested in anything related to Linux but are new to Linux.
- Anyone who likes Ubuntu Linux or Linux Mint
- Anyone curious about Linux but not sure where to start
- This course is perfect for anyone who would like to know how to install Linux, properly.
- If you want to know how to install Linux, this course is for you
- Perfect for anyone who would like to know how to use virtual machine software to virtualize an operating system like Linux, using Oracle VirtualBox