What you’ll learn
- Discover the differences between Python versions.
- Use Python on Windows, OS X, and POSIX / Linux.
- Understand why professionals use Flowcharts.
- Create programs to collect, sort & process data.
- Master Python’s testing, conditional, and looping keywords.
- Use Python’s most common built-in functions.
- Understand the difference between “zero based” and “ones based” operations.
- Understand Python’s dynamic type-identification subsystem.
- Enjoy a series of incremental, a real-world activities that demonstratively creates eye-catching banners.
- Learn why the system path is important, and how to automaticall load Python code.
- Learn how to “speak Python” by reviewing community concepts & tool names.
- Discover when NOT to use boolean testing on iteratibale and / or integral types.
- Discover how to correctly test instance identity, as well as equality.
- Discover how to integrate your software creations into the Python documentation landscape.
- Understand what “Edge Testing ” involves.
- Learn what “Regression Testing” is by creating & enforcing your own testing strategy.
- Use Python’s official testing module to keep your R&D on-track.
- Students should understand how to download & install programs from the Internet.
- Basic keyboard & computer skills are required!
Why spend dozens of hours earning a single certificate?
Rather than feeling overwhelmed, our learning opportunities gradually gifts students with many printable & sharable certificates. Resume-worthy achievements to testify of your step-by-step mastery of Python.
Never a “one size fits all” approach, our training opportunities are divided into beginner, intermediate, and advanced courses. Rather than learning things you might not need to know, students can choose the topics they are most interested in.
The Python Primer
In Python 1000, students will learn how to apply fundamental keywords and built-in functions so as to design, create, & test programs. Common collection types, internationalization, and low-level binary / robotics concepts are also covered.
Students will learn how to avoid pitfalls & problems with Python 3 syntax, as well.
Written by a Principal Trainer & Principal Software Development Engineer, in order to insure mastery key topics are presented several times, as well as at ever-increasing depth. Students will also be using professional programming interfaces – the same tools that software developers use – to create their software.
From keywords & tabs, to testing & documentation, hints & tips on how to use Python in the professional world abound!
After completing Python 1000, in Python 2000 students will complete keyword mastery by exploring a large collection of activity-related topics. Sold separately, in Python 2000 students will enjoy learning how to create Lambdas, Generators, Context Managers, Packages & Modules, Classes, how to manage Exceptions, as well as dozens of other advanced topics.
Who this course is for:
- Learners looking to understand what software development is all about.
- Students looking for an evenly paced, certificate laden, customizable, education process.
- Learners wanting to know how to explore, as well add their own creations to, the Python landscape.
- Students needing to avoid embarassment by understanding seldom-taught problems with modern Python.
- Developers looking to start writing test cases using Python’s built-in testing facility.
- Learners who want to understand how to create Flowcharts to document past & future software development activities.
- Professionals who need to extract & map requirements to the code they create.
- People who need to know “why,” as well as “how” to use Python 3 in the professional world.