What you’ll learn
- How to use Open API to create and design APIs
- How to use Swagger Hub’s features to design APIs
- How to create and fork an API
- How to copy and delete APIs
- Master the Swagger Hub User Interface
- Use Keyboard Shortcuts in Swagger Hub
- Become a pro at versioning in Swagger Hub
- Compare, Download, Delete, Re-name API’s
- Master the different parts of Open API
- Learn how to use Paths, Servers, Parameters, Schema, Requests and Responses
- Get familiar with different types of authentication in Open API
- Learn and practice Swagger Inspector
- An Internet connection
- A working Computer with either Windows/MacOS or Linux
- A desire to learn!
- Elementary Knowledge of what an API is
Whether you are a QA professional looking for a way to test API’s or a developer looking for a one stop shop to manage your entire API design and development cycle Swagger has a solution for you . For business analysts Swagger can handle everything from API versioning to documentation.
You will get a quick grasp on Swagger. It is one of the best set of API development tools out there, with the ability to design and document own projects for free.
The course is divided into sections, each independently forms a module and a course in itself. Whether you are looking to get some experience with OpenAPI or a professional looking for a tool to standardize and document your API you will find what you need here. Everything is well documented and separated, so you can find what you need. Assignments and Quizzes will make sure you stay on track and test your knowledge.
Swagger Hub UI
We will enter the Swagger Hub home page called “My Hub”. We will go over some key features. After which, we will learn how to edit an API in the editor UI. This will also generate documentation for them. Learn how to search, filter and sort existing API’s. We will then see how we can use keyboard shortcuts to get our swagger tasks done in seconds.
Working with API’s in SwaggerHub
So you’ve learnt how to navigate around the UI, now it is time to play with API’s. Learn how to Create, Fork, Copy and Publish API’s.
Working with Versions in Swagger Hub
You cannot run any significant project without versioning. And Swagger Hub has you covered. We will learn how to manage versions, and use the different features SwaggerHub exposes us to. We will also checkout the different ways to compare and merge API’s.
We will learn how to use tags and commits. As well as assign and merge Merge Requests. Also learn different ways to re-name an API as well as delete and download them in a variety of different ways.
Master Open API
Open API is the language(for lack of a better description) with Swagger Tools use to design, document and standardize API’s. First you will get an overview with a sample API. Then we will delve into details of individual components. We will show you all the options and capabilities you get by using paths, servers, parameters, schema and responses. Learn how to use the different types of authentication.
Intro to Swagger Inspector
Sign in and get set up on Swagger Inspector. This tools will help you test and reverse engineer API’s. You will check out different features and authentication modes with us. Master navigating the UI of this handy tool.
This course will hand hold you through the basics and show you everything you need to get started with Swagger.This course will give you a great understanding of all the major concepts of Swagger. You will be pro before you know it. Let us get started!
Who this course is for:
- Students trying to get a quick grasp of Swagger and Open API
- Professionals looking to use Swagger for their API design and documentation
- Developers who have used another tool to design their API and are now looking to move over to Swagger