What you’ll learn
- By the end of the course, you’ll have all the tools and practical knowledge necessary to build visually rich Single page Web applications, try your luck with job interviews and kickstart your career as a Front End Developer!
- After completion you’ll have touched upon the comprehensive curriculum of a Junior Front End Developer. Try your luck, applying for jobs, getting feedbacks and improving on the solid foundations built during this course!
- With the solid foundations acquired in this course, it will be much way easier to approach web articles and resources on Front End Development, armed with the necessary background and lingo to make the most out of them, learn effectively and quickly.
- With the basics knowledge out of the way, the world is your oyster! Expand on the foundational knowledge acquired and specialize in further niches (AngularJs, EmberJs, Gaming, Full Stack Development).
- This course assumes no previous knowledge on any topic. Every topic will be approached from scratch.
- At the end of the course the student will have all the basic foundations for approaching the job market as a Junior Front End Developer. Moreover, the foundational knowledge acquired will make much easier to learn additional topics and build on top of what have been learnt so far
A polite request
Please watch the presentation video BEFORE joining the course; If you don’t like what you see (or my accent at the time of recording) please DO NOT enroll. I’ve seen many people enrolling (since, you know, it’s FREE) and then leaving negative scores because they didn’t fancy the accent of the instructor or because the course was “too basic” (even though it’s basically written everywhere that this is a foundation course for absolute beginners).
So, don’t be that guy/girl, and join only if you believe this course is right for you. If you don’t like how the course is structured or its content please do not hesitate to leave a negative score but in doing so add a comment explaining your reasons; This will help the instructor. A negative score without any comment or feedback is not useful to anyone and detrimental to other potential students.
– What is this course all about?
Front End Development is a trending job, engaging, well paid and full of challenges and wonders.
This course will teach you the skills to kick-start a career in Front End Development, assuming no previous knowledge of any of the topics presented.
NOTE: a basic knowledge of how to use your computer and run programs is assumed.
This course is all about helping you changing your career path (or creating a new one) and acquire the necessary skills to jump into the job market as soon as possible.
Are you tired of courses teaching you skills that you cannot easily convert into a salary ? If so, this is the course for you.
Front End Development is an area of Web Development that includes all of the skills required to create the visual and interactive part of a Website. It’s a complex mix of skills and technologies and one of the most fast growing and well paid IT sectors of the moment.
A Front End Developer is the link between the graphic designer, responsible for creating the visual design of a Web Application and the Backend Developer responsible for creating the computational logic behind the application. The Front End Developer brings the application to life creating rich, compelling experiences and allowing the user to interact with the data behind the application.
This comprehensive course is aimed at students with no previous experience with Web Development or programming at all;
This course was made in 2015 and, apart from a few updates in 2016 it won’t likely see more updates (that is one of the reasons why it’s now offered for free). Though, its content is still super relevant nowadays and important in building a solid foundation in Front-End Development. No matter what latest technology you want to learn, you need the basics first and this is exactly what this course is for!
The course was recorded on a Mac OSX machine; You can still benefit from this course if you’re using Windows but you are required to have basic knowledge on how to use the Windows Explorer and create folders and files with it. You can easily avoid using the Windows command prompt (in the very rare videos that use the Terminal) and instead do what the video shows just using your WIndows Explorer (it’s mostly creating folders and files).
– What will I learn taking this course?
We’ll touch on all the foundational topics that form the toolbelt of a professional Front End Developer:
- Semantic HTML
- Responsive Web Development
- The art of Unit Testing (brownie points during an Interview!)
We’ll learn by doing, building projects and adding functionalities over time, as our knowledge expands.
– What will I get from this course?
By the end of the course, you’ll have all the tools and practical knowledge necessary to build visually rich Single page Web applications, try your luck with job interviews and kick-start your career as a Front End Developer!
Who this course is for:
- This course should be taken by anyone interested in learning the ropes for becoming a Front End Developer, one of the best trending and exciting areas of Web Development at the moment