- An evidence-based framework you can apply for making website improvements
- Go beyond metrics and understand why your website users act the way they do
- Tips and advice on how to interpret different data and run your own tests
- You’ll get time-saving templates to easily record evidence of what is happening on your web pages
- You should have in mind a website or part of a site you want to redesign
- A basic understanding of Google Analytics is helpful
- An eagerness to use a few of these quick and effective methods
Are you still trying to improve your website based on guesswork? If you’re honest, are a lot of your changes are based on hunches or perhaps a single piece of data?
You need to build a broad picture of user behaviour to redesign successfully without needing weeks of research.
The trick is in quickly gaining the right evidence in the right order.
You don’t need 20 hours of video, just a method for doing things in a lean, practical, and focussed way.
This course will teach you the UX design framework for doing just that. It’s a lean system for evidence-based design you can use on any live website.
The core things you’ll learn
The videos cover the following:
- Understand what is happening on your website through analytics;
- Get to the bottom of why your users behave the way they do;
- Learn who your users are so you can better target them;
- Discover how to design and test solutions that work.
Take a look at the curriculum to see all the methods you’ll learn—from heatmaps to user testing.
It includes the following resources too:
- A journey canvas for easily recording the findings on your web pages;
- An audience canvas for keeping track of info about your users;
- My guide to the tools you need for being evidence-based on a budget;
- Further reading notes and links for every lesson.
A re-usable system
All of the content combines to give you a system you can apply to solve the problems of your current website and redesign some or all of it.
A process you can use again and again.
You’ll be taken step-by-step through each of the methods and will learn tips and tricks for using them effectively. Knowing these methods will mean you can make changes backed up by real-world evidence.
What’s more you can do all of this with just a couple of pieces of software and a small budget. Being evidence-based doesn’t have to be expensive!
This is tried and tested
How do I know this works? Because it’s the system I’ve developed over years working as a UX design consultant, helping many growing startups to improve their websites.
These lessons are also adapted from material I have taught in-person to 100s of students.
Redesigning and improving any website is a big step. Don’t embark on it with guesswork and a vague idea you want to change things.
Start being evidence-based.
- Anyone who wants to improve a business website
- Great for company founders, marketers, designers, and developers
- Great for people looking to improve their UX skills whilst on the job